That was my Whatsapp status throughout the month of September. And my icon was a picture of Danny Phantom being very done with life.
I had thought that September was gonna be a shitty month. A one week term holiday which will be wasted away. Two weeks of school where teachers desperately try to prepare us to sit for promotional exams, and let’s not forget, there was the five days of exams. It turned out to be a pretty dull month instead. This month, I just kinda… lost all my motivation to study. I didn’t even bother to really study for Biology and that is honestly a great cause for worry. All I did day after day was sit in front of the computer, aimlessly scrolling through Facebook and Wattpad, my Kindle and homework neglected to my right.
Anyways, it’s the end of September!! (I’m not sure why I’m even happy about that. It’s not like I have hope that October will be better. Just looking at my post-promo timetable makes me cringe.)
So… what have I been up to the past month?
I’ve been wanting to use that header ever since it popped into my mind after I made last month’s wrap-up post. But if I really wanted a header that matches what I’ve actually done this month, it’ll be something like “What useless shit have I been up to this month”.
- Started rewatching Once Upon A Time
- Fangirled over the trailers for Gotham, The Flash and Supergirl
- Raged over the latest Fairy Tail chapters (CAN’T SOMEONE JUST. STAY. DEAD.)
- Wasted my life away with rereadings of Rise of the Guardian fanfics
- Explored Wattpad
- Decided to take a hiatus from bookstagram
- Commented on more blog posts
- Borrowed two library books despite my loooooong October TBR
- Listened to violin covers and song covers on repeat
Basically… I did everything but study for exams
I have certainly slowed down on my reading this month, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I had promotional exams this month. I just felt lazy and uninterested I guess…
- An Ember In The Ashes (An Ember In The Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir ★ ★ ★ ✩ ✩
- Gamescape: Overworld (Nova Project #1) by Emma Trevayne ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩
- A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe ★ ★ ★ ✩ ✩
- Deliverance by Krity Centano ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩
Oh gosh, I almost left out this part while making this post. Probably because I didn’t expect to buy any books this month. After all, I was on a book buying ban. And it lasted till three days ago. Guess I just couldn’t stay away from the bookstore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Barcudo
This month was a first for a lot of things. I posted my first Waiting on Wednesday, my first Top Ten Tuesday, my first Teaser Tuesday, and more importantly, my first blog tour!!
- Waiting on Wednesday #1: Everyone We’ve Been by Sarah Everett
- 2-in-1 Book Review: The Boy With Words by C.E. Wilson // in which I try a new review format and changed my header font
- Teaser Tuesday #1: Gamescape: Overworld (The Nova Project #1) by Emma Trevayne
- Blog Tour | Review ― Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne
- Blog Tour | Excerpt ― The Fourth Piece by E. Ardell (+ Giveaway)
- Blog Tour | Excerpt ― The Flip by Michael Philip Cash
- Blog Tour | Review ― A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe (+ Giveaway)
- Teriyaki? Oh… you mean teppanyaki, don’t you?
- Top 10 Tuesday // drowning in my TBR (as always)
- Blog Tour | Excerpt ― Here’s The Thing by Emily O’Beirne (+ Giveaway)
What does the future hold?
Blog tours and reviews. Lots of them. That’s the best and only way I can describe what to expect next on this blog. I have made a table on OneNote with all the books I have to read and review and October is packed. So packed to the brim it’s bursting. I’m bursting. In fact, there’s already one scheduled for later. And in the second week (9 – 15 October), you can expect there to be a new post almost every day. Hope y’all will enjoy it, or maybe you’ll just get really sick and tired of my reviews. We’ll see.