Hey hey heyyyyyyyy. Welcome back to the default monthly wrap-up post! This time, I’m trying out a new format so tell me if it’s a “yay” or “nay” (-:
How I burned a hole in my wallet this month
Remember that I mentioned in my last wrap-up post that I might be going on a book ban this month? Heh… let’s see how well that went, huh?
Well, I did try to follow the ban… for a few days. That was before I found out about the SG Book Deals warehouse sale. And I fell to the temptation of a really reallyyyyy good book sale. But it was worth it (‘:
On that glorious but tiring day, I hauled back a total of 32 books, and I have yet to start on a single one ( ._.)
I’m not gonna list them here because I’ve already done so on this post!
In addition to those 32 books, I’ve also added another book to my shelf, and that is a copy of Of Forests and Clocks and Dreams: A Literary and Art Collection by Takatsu that I won in a Goodreads giveaway last month! I haven’t started on it either but I really love the texture of the cover.
That’s it for this month. In September, I’m gonna go on a book buying ban I swear. Hell, I’ll even drag it till October or November.
How I spent my free time
August is a pretty chill reading month for me. 1) There was CA week so no reading during breaks. Study study study. 2) I was kind of in a reading slump for a while. It just seems to be a monthly thing and happens around the middle of the month. 3) I spent quite some time re-watching P!ATD and Lindsey Stirling music videos bc damn I just really love them.
- Brainwalker by Robyn Mundell, Stephan Lacast ( 4 / 5 )
An easy and interesting read. Brainwalker follows the journey of a boy through his father’s brain after an accidental trip through a wormhole. This book was really refreshing after all the Young Adult books I was reading with aliens and romance and what not, thus the high rating. If I read it now, I might have given it a 3.5.
- This is Me. by C.E Wilson ( 4 / 5 )
I have to say, I was a bit apprehensive when I started reading This is Me. The last book I had requested through a review query wasn’t an enjoyable read for me. Luckily, that was not the case this time. And I might just ditch Young Adult for New Adult right now. This is exactly the kind of romance books that I like ― clean and fluffy.
- They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire ( 1.5 / 5 )
I was bored, and sometimes boredom equates to me going out of the house. This time, I went to the library, and I was amazed by the number of hardcovers they have available. Anyways, I had borrowed this book along with An Ember In The Ashes (which I’m currently reading!!). I’m not sure what compelled me to borrow They All Fall Down and I really regret doing so. An easy read but it was boring zzzzz.
- Soulless (The Immortal Gene #1) by Jacinta Maree ( 3 / 5 )
Another New Adult novel! Don’t be surprised if I started listing NA as one of my favourite genres (-: Soulless is based off a really interesting concept and I loved the world it is set in but there were some aspects of the novel that prevented me from giving it a higher rating.
- The Boy With Words by C.E. Wilson ( 4 / 5 )
When I got the message from the Goodreads group Making Connections that The Boy With Words was available for review, I immediately requested it, having read This is Me. earlier this month. While it was pretty good, and I gave it the same rating as I did for This is Me., I preferred the latter. I’m currently working on a review for this one and will try to put it up on Goodreads within next week!
What I’ve done
Linkin Park anyone? 😂
This is where I delve into my personal life for awhile.
I had my CAs this month, and I got back the papers this month as well. Some were better than unexpected, others did not meet my expectations. But CAs are over, all I can do is learn from my mistakes and look ahead towards the next examination, which is my promotional examinations. Hopefully, I’ll be able to maintain my grades and improve.
At the start of the month, I went to the warehouse sale by SG Book Deals. You can read all about my experience here!
What’s up next?
The sun. The baby blue sky.
But it is currently night here so those three are gonna be up in the sky next.
Anyways, ignoring my sorry attempt at a joke…
- I’m planning to have a giveaway! Just a small one. I so happen to have two copies of Charm and Strange and while that does make for some nice photos for bookstagram, if anyone’s interested, I’m willing to give one copy away! Now, I just have three issues: 1) Need to save up to pay for shipping costs 2) Where I should put up the giveaway (on Instagram or a Rafflecopter on the blog) 3) If anyone is interested at all
- Be prepared for some blog tours next month. August was the month I tried out book blitzes and I decided I’m not gonna do any more of it. Either I post something worthwhile or I don’t post at all. I’m not gonna clog up your emails or my blog anymore with (almost) daily book blitzes. So September is gonna be the month I start doing blog tours! It’s just reviews, nothing much, but I’m really excited!
Oh well, look at the date, look at the time! What are you waiting for? Time to get on the Hogwarts Express or you’ll be late! Ta ta~
(on a side note: fetus harry uwu)